Sunday, June 19, 2011

Reviews by Yilina’s friends

Here are some reviews provided by Yilina's friends after their expeience last week!

 

Having our JC class reunion with a dinner in a vegetarian restaurant was certainly a new and unique experience for me. After all, a class outing at a vegetarian restaurant is rare, and this was my first time having a vegetarian meal at a restaurant.

Before the meal, I was quite sceptical about how pleasing vegetarian dishes would be. My father abstains from meat on 初一十五 (First and Fifteenth) of each month in the lunar calendar, thus I did experience days eating only vegetables and honestly, I did not really look forward to those days. However, the restaurant managed to prepare the food very well. Dishes were delicious, complete with aesthetic appeal. I was particularly impressed by the meticulous effort made by the chefs in making mock meat dishes look like its original form. Service was excellent and personal, with the waiters catering to every need. They explained each dish in detail as they served it, and asked for feedback about how the dish tasted.

As for vegetarianism, I believe that it is a good thing as consuming meat has been shown to leave a larger carbon footprint which causes environmental concerns. Becoming a vegetarian is also a natural approach to wellness, decreasing the risks of a considerable number of diseases and cancer, and also a way to stand up for animal welfare. However, to most people, meat tends to taste nicer than vegetables. Furthermore, the availability of meat means it is hard for one to completely exclude meat from our diet. As for me, I guess I’ll stick to following my father’s 初一十五 vegetarian diet for the time being!
- Brian Michael Luminary, 19


~~~~
Excellent service and food! I never expected vegetarian food to taste so much like non-vegetarian food since it was my first time trying. Definitely above what I have expected! People probably still view vegetarianism as a meal that is bland and not very appetising, but this restaurant proves otherwise!
- Cynthia Kusumawardhani, 19

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.